Senior Software Engineers build the core of WEVO products, services and APIs in spectacularly robust fashion.
As the go-to research platform for qualitative insights, WEVO tests new design concepts, compares competitor experiences, powers a team of insight-driving industry analysts, and more. WEVO's software engineers work on the business logic, customer experience, and AI modeling for all that. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build and expand our services and work with our product leadership to launch new industries, test types, and expand our artificial intelligence capabilities.
You will be a senior member of technical staff in a small, but growing, team, and in that role, you'll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You'll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and insights teams to understand and solve our users' pain points.
We're looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you're comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you're comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across all of WEVO
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs
- Work iteratively with small, frequent ships
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Python, with some Node.js/TS. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- It's not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers' needs and building amazing user experiences, but didn't work on distributed systems before joining WEVO.
You might work on:
- Building a new report type for our users, or iterating on existing reports
- Launching a new industry or WEVO test type
- Helping our Ops team reduce fraud
- Building new tools for our business teams
- Building new systems to query and process tons of qualitative data
You will report to the VP of Product & Engineering. This position has a stock option plan available.